Sometimes in a down market, home sellers worry about recouping Realtor fees, but the truth is, in a down market, the commission you pay for professional real estate service will end up making you money in the long run. Here are five EXCELLENT reasons from the San Francisco Chronicle to use a Realtor in a down market:
1. Your home isn't going to sell itself. Contracting with a Realtor gets the word out to a much larger buyer pool than selling by owner. And in real estate, volume matters. No one can buy your home if they don't know it's for sale.
2. You need someone to give you an honest opinion of the value and condition of your home. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and having a professional opinion on things you can do to maximize your home's showing appeal can mean the difference between someone clicking past your listing or calling for a tour.
3. Being personally intelligent isn't the same as understanding real estate laws. Do you truly have a handle on all the steps that go into home sales? Are you well-versed in real estate contract law? When you're making one of the biggest financial decisions of your life, it pays to pay an expert to represent your interests.
4. You aren't going to save as much as you think. Even if you avoid paying a three percent seller's commission, there's still a very good chance that you will need to consider offering to work with buyer's agents. That means you'll still be paying half of the cost of representation, and there won't be anyone on the other side of the transaction working for you.
5. Good agents earn their money. Empirically, agents who know their markets sell homes faster and for higher sales prices than For Sale By Owner home sales.
If you'd like information on buying or selling a home in San Antonio, e-mail Jeanine Claus and The Claus Team, a full-service real estate agency specializing in Schertz, Texas real estate by phone at 210.566.6355 or visit us online at www.theclausteam.com.